1/1 Photo of Cold Vegetable Soup
This for all you veggie lovers! It's a creamy cold soup that can substitute as a tasty, unusual smoothie for those on a low-carb or low-fruit diet. It's also yeast-free, wheat-free, and dairy-free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all ingredients in a blender. Begin briefly on ice crusher mode to break up the strawberry and peas--I wouldn't go beyond 30-45 seconds.
- 2After frozen items are broken up, add the spices. Feel free to experiment with whatever flavors strike your fancy.
- 3Switch to pulse mode, and then alternate between pulse and blend until the drink is thick enough to suit.
- 4When done, pour soup into a bowl and garnish with flax seeds(they can be sprinkled on top, or mixed in thoroughly for an added crunch).
- 5The ingredient amounts are approximations, so feel free to add a little more of this or a little less of that if it seems necessary.
- 6If you want a more substantial soup, want increase fiber intake, or accidently added too much liquid, try adding a tablespoon or two of ground flax seeds during the pulse & blend stage.
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 926.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 22.5 g