Recipe by Jainene
This for all you veggie lovers! It's a creamy cold soup that can substitute as a tasty, unusual smoothie for those on a low-carb or low-fruit diet. It's also yeast-free, wheat-free, and dairy-free.
Top Review by Peachie Keene
Unfortunately this did not turn out well for us. It wasn't very palatable despite all the tasty ingredients. I couldn't help but think that something was missing; though I am not really quite sure what to suggest. On the bright side, the flax seeds were a nice touch! Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk (I use Silk)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and cooked
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 frozen strawberries
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch allspice
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Begin briefly on ice crusher mode to break up the strawberry and peas--I wouldn't go beyond 30-45 seconds.
- After frozen items are broken up, add the spices. Feel free to experiment with whatever flavors strike your fancy.
- Switch to pulse mode, and then alternate between pulse and blend until the drink is thick enough to suit.
- When done, pour soup into a bowl and garnish with flax seeds(they can be sprinkled on top, or mixed in thoroughly for an added crunch).
- The ingredient amounts are approximations, so feel free to add a little more of this or a little less of that if it seems necessary.
- If you want a more substantial soup, want increase fiber intake, or accidently added too much liquid, try adding a tablespoon or two of ground flax seeds during the pulse & blend stage.