Prep 8 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A nice alternative to a pasta salad. Great for those upcoming summer picnics! Note prep time includes chill time.
- various assorted fresh vegetable, cut into bite-sized pieces (such as cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, sweet peppers, onions, etc.)
- 4 -5 slices bacon, cooked until crisp & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Allow mixture to boil for a few minutes, then cool thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over vegetables& allow to marinate overnight.
- Just before serving, top with crumbled bacon.
This is a tasy and healthy salad. I used broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, red cabbage, and green onion. All the bright colours make this salad look great too. This will be great for summer barbeques.
This is what I call a keeper! I loved the raw vegetable combined with the tangy, sweet flavor of the dressing. Put this dish on your table anytime and wait for the raves. The sauce could actually be used on shredded cabbage for cole slaw too. This was wonderful. THank you for sharing.