Recipe by Mary Scheffert
A nice alternative to a pasta salad. Great for those upcoming summer picnics! Note prep time includes chill time.
Top Review by KLV
This is a tasy and healthy salad. I used broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, red cabbage, and green onion. All the bright colours make this salad look great too. This will be great for summer barbeques.
- various assorted fresh vegetable, cut into bite-sized pieces (such as cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, sweet peppers, onions, etc.)
- 4 -5 slices bacon, cooked until crisp & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Allow mixture to boil for a few minutes, then cool thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over vegetables& allow to marinate overnight.
- Just before serving, top with crumbled bacon.