Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tuna noodle salad! It's pretty simple easy and straight forward. Great for the summer, pot lucks, a complete meal or a side.I've been making this for about ten years it was one of my girlfriends recipes but every time she see me she wants me to make it. she says she can't do it right anymore so she passed it down to me. you can use any mayo you like, (I recommend Miracle Whip because it just doesn't taste right to me with other mayos).
- Cook the the pasta noodles, drain and set in the fridge to chill. Don't worry about them sticking together they'll separate once you start mixing (spread them out on a cook sheet for less sticking and for a quick chill put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes).
- Cut up the cheese into bite size pieces and set a side.
- Drain the tuna and set aside.
- In a large (about 4-qt) bowl divide the pasta in half and mix in 1/2 the tuna, cheese, mayo and pickle relish.
- After it's well mixed add the rest of the ingredients leaving out the paprika.
- Once everything is mixed well add the paprika (it's just for color).
- Depending on your taste you might want to add more mayo, paprika, or pickle relish.
- I usually add more mayo the next day. Chill for 10-20 minutes in the fridge and serve.
Made this for my lunches this week. I followed the recipe as written other then I cut it in half and used mayo instead of miracle whip as I am not a fan of miracle whip. I also used shredded cheddar. This was a tasty tuna salad. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
Fantastic recipe. Very quick and easy, but most importantly, very tasty. (I have the same opinion when it comes to Miracle Whip :D ) I cut the recipe down to 2 servings, and this will last a couple of days. I only had medium shells, so that's why it made so much. I'll be making this time and time again. The only changes I made, were to add a dash of red pepper flakes for a bit of bite, and I sprinkled with crushed red peppercorns. Thanks Shellflutterby for a lovely recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
This is how I normally make tuna for aandwiches, except I never thought of adding paprika or cheese when making w/noodles. I also use some yellow mustard along w/Miracle Whip and the pickle relish, plus a little salt, and black pepper. I use sweet pickle relish, to me it's an absolute must.