Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is such a great refeshing dish for the summer.It makes a great light lunch or dinner.I usually serve it on a bed of lettuce and crackers or with some slice vegetables (tomatoes,cucumbers carrots). You can adjust this to your taste.
- 1 (8 ounce) elbow macaroni (or twisted pasta)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (more or less)
- 1 (6 ounce) tuna in water, drained (I use 2 cans)
- 1 hard-boiled egg (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion (I like vidalias)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon celery seed (or 1/2 cup fresh chopped)
- Cook macaroni according to directions, drain.
- In large bowl add macaroni and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate till chilled or cold,.
- As it sits in the refrigerater, the noodles "absorb" some of the mayonnaise and you might want to add alittle more before serving.
I made this for a quick lunch for unexpected company. I had all the ingredients and it was delicious. I served it with cheese, crackers, and fruit.
Nice easy recipe and great tasting too. This is how I alway had tuna salad, and was SHOCKED when I moved from Michigan and ordered Tuna salad and it didn't have Macaroni in it! :)
Tastes great and is easy to make. I used the optional hard-boiled egg (two of them), and I used 12 oz of tuna as you mention you do. Thanx for a great cold tuna salad. I'll use this recipe again.