Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy cold snack or lunch to have handy. I've set is out at barbecues in the summer and always get compliments, even though it isn't what you expect to have as a side when grilling out.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 (7 -8 ounce) package noodles (elbow or macaroni)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are boiling, whisk Miracle Whip, ketchup, milk, and chili powder together in a bowl to make the dressing.
- Strain noodles and rinse to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine dressing, tuna, peas, mushrooms, onions, and noodles.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Delicious! I cut the recipe in half and it worked out perfect...the only change I made was using fresh mushrooms...I loved the slight taste of chili powder it gave the dish a nice kick...I saved some of the dressing to add after it chilled for the hour...my experience is that noodles suck up all the dressing/liquids while chilling...I added the reserved dressing and it brought it back to a nice creaminess...wasn't sure if the peas were to be thawed first...so I threw them in frozen...and they were thawed by eating time...loved this easy to make dish...Made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)