Recipe by dicentra
This is fabulous and really easy to make. It is better cold and wonderful as leftovers.
Top Review by gruntjr
This was great & easy to make. I added a few jalapeno peppers as we like spicy. This also makes a great cold salad without stufing it in the tomatoes, just chop them up and add the rice.
- 6 7⁄8 ounces Mexican-style Rice-A-Roni
- 4 large tomatoes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, cook rice according to the package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut a lid top off of each tomato. Hollow out the inside, leaving a shell. Invert in a colander to drain. Dice the removed tomato.
- In a large bowl, mixed the cooled rice with scallion, peas, artichoke hearts and their marinade. Add the diced tomato.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper together. Add to rice and mix well.
- Fill each tomato with equal amounts of the rice mixture. Sprinkle tops with parsley and serve cold.