This is fabulous and really easy to make. It is better cold and wonderful as leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, cook rice according to the package directions. Set aside to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, cut a lid top off of each tomato. Hollow out the inside, leaving a shell. Invert in a colander to drain. Dice the removed tomato.
- 3In a large bowl, mixed the cooled rice with scallion, peas, artichoke hearts and their marinade. Add the diced tomato.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper together. Add to rice and mix well.
- 5Fill each tomato with equal amounts of the rice mixture. Sprinkle tops with parsley and serve cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Tomatoes Valenciana
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.8
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 375.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: