Prep 3 mins
Cook 9 mins
This was adapted from a recipe in Jane Brody's "Good Food Gourmet." I made a few changes so it is more in keeping with a Nutritarian eating style. This is quick and simple and good enough for company.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 (28 ounce) cans plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chop walnuts, then lightly toast in a dry, non-stick frying pan. Stir them constantly so they don’t burn. They are done when they start to turn golden. Set aside.
- Puree tomatoes in blender or place tomatoes in a large glass or ceramic bowl and puree with immersion blender until smooth.
- Add basil, honey, vinegar, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate soup for at least 3 hours.
- Let the soup stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with the toasted walnuts.