1/2 Photos of Cold Thai Noodle Salad
Philly Closet Cook's Note:
This is an easy crowd pleaser. I have been making it for years. This is my first attempt to write it down (I may come back and make some edits to the "dressing". I have always just kind of mixed things together. I have found that using some authentic ingredients does make it stand out. Fish Sauce and sriracha hot sauce are availabe in the Asian section of most supermarket today. White pepper is hit or miss. Spice stores and many ethnic grocery stores carry it. The French use it in white sauces so you get the pepper flavor, but you do not the specs. This is not an exacting recipe. If you want is spicier add more hot sauce. If not, use less. More tart add vinegar, etc. Add grilled chicken or cooked shrimp and make it a meal. Prep time is about 30 minutes. It does need to chill 2 hours before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup peanut oil (or canola or lite olive)
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (substitute with 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce, recommend sriracha
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (preferably white)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (set aside half of chopped green tops)
- vegetables (snow peas - 1 cup, chopped Napa cabbage - 1 cup, bean sprouts - 1 cup) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1Cook noodles al dente (do not overcook - mushy noodles won't work).
- 2Strain and rinse under cold water until cooled.
- 3Mix or wisk together all "dressing" ingredients (peanut butter through garlic power)until blended.
- 4In large bowl stir together noodles, 2/3 sauce (reserve 1/3 for later), and vegetables (reserve 1/2 chopped greens from green onion).
- 5Chill minimum 2 hours.
- 6Transfer to a bowl or platter, if you you want.
- 7Before serving pour reserved "dressing" over noodles.
- 8Sprinkle sesame seeds and reserved green onions (and cilantro if used).
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Thai Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 525.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
Asian chili sauce