Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is easy to make,handy to have in the fridge and is yummy.
- 450 gr. Thai rice noodles
- 500 g ground pork or 500 g chicken
- 2 -3 small cucumbers
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 small indian onion
- 2 -3 red chilies (seeded)
- 1 cup small shrimp (chopped) or 1 cup you could use larger cooked prawns
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 250 g peanuts (crushed)
- 3 drops sesame oil
- Soak the glass noodles for about 5 minute or as per directions. Do not soak them too long as they will get soggy!
- Cook the mince in a frying pan,with some spray or little oil,in the meantime cut the cucumbers,onion,spring onion,coriander and chillies in small pieces and put aside.
- Strain the noodles and cut them a few times with kitchen scissors.
- Add the mince,prawns,cucumber,onion,spring onion,coriander and chillies to the noodles and toss around in a large bowl,add a few drops of sesame oil.Next sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of chicken stock powder,the lemon juice and about 2 table spoons of fish sauce over the noodles.Mix all the ingredients well and sprinkle with the crushed peanuts.Serve straight away or put in the fridge. It will keep for 2 days!