Recipe by @ngdarlen
This is a recipe that I requested often as a child and now I serve it to my family.It has such a fresh taste and soooo good.
Top Review by andyjdog
I have been making this for years, taking it pitch-in's and get-togethers. I was going to post it myself but I thought I better check if anyone else makes it like I do. There are a couple of differences from mine though. I use a bottle of Ortega taco sauce instead of Catalina and I use Doritos chips instead of fritos. It was really really good when they used to make the Salsa Verde flavor of Doritos...a little spicier!!
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 can rinsed and drained kidney bean
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 head shredded lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 3 cups small Fritos corn chips
- 1 package taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef,drain off fat and add taco seasoning.
- In a very large bowl add all the other ingredients except the meat and catalina,add the meat after it has cooled down some so it will not melt the cheese,about 5-10 minutes.Pour the Catalina over the entire salad,using about half of the bottle and adding more as desired,toss to coat the salad.Serve immediately.
- This recipe will serve a crowd and is not recommended to refrigerate any leftovers as will become soggy.