Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another super easy from my friend Amy! She let me borrow her recipe box! I had a lot of fun browsing last night. I am not sure how many this serves so I guessed. It calls for 1 1/2 lbs. of beans. When you steam the beans, don't overcook them; they should be bright green and still firm but cooked. I forgot to mention cooking the beans so this is an update (thanks Sugarpea)! Let the beans sit at room temperature and serve cold.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs string beans, fresh, trimmed, steamed
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup black currants
- Mix all ingredients, except beans, in a bowl.
- Now toss with the beans until well coated.
- Chill and serve cold.
Lovely! I added the nuts just before serving, not to get them soggy.
Very nice green bean salad. I especially liked the addition of the pine nuts (I toasted them) and currants.