Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has gone through a lot of metamorphis'(sp) if you have the correct spelling let me know. I found this originally on vegweb.com and couldn't find a strawberry glaze to my liking - so here it is, at last. I have learned a lot about "vegan" cooking and recipes - I hope nothing in this recipe offends anyone. They have said that the pie-crust is vegan and also the glaze I chose to prepare. The pie must chill 5-6 hours.
- 3 whole sliced bananas
- 1 1⁄2 quarts fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 1 pint strawberry, halved, garnish
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker crust, Keebler
- strawberry glaze
- 2 pints sugar
- 1 pint water
- 1 pint strawberry, cleaned & pared
- Strawberry Glaze:.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil.
- Sugar and water mixture boiled forms a simple syrup - mixture will thicken slightly.
- Add strawberries and simmer for 15-20 minutes, then strain.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Make the Pie:.
- Take crust and starting with bananas layer them on the bottom.
- Then layer strawberries.
- And so on, ending with strawberries on top, until crust is full.
- Pour glaze on top so it covers the pie and fruit on the bottom is also covered.
- Refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
- Garnish with strawberries and served with whipped cream, if desired.
- *Experiment with a 3rd layer of sliced Kiwi.
- ** Another variation of glaze: stir in 1/8 cup of Grand Marnier or Cointreau, after you take it off the heat.