Recipe by laura d.
These cup cake treats filled with ice cream make the perfect addition to any sort of birthday or baby shower celebration. This recipe can also be served in muffin form making it the surprise treat ideal for a spring brunch soiree.
- 4 medium cupcakes (or large) or 4 medium muffins (or large)
- 1 quart ice cream, your choice (1 scoop per muffin, Nights in white chocolate, Our Strawberry Blonde or cheesecake fantasy)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Lay a muffin on its side and cut the “cap” off at the paper line.
- 2. Using the scooper gently hollow out the cap and body centers of the cup cake using a press and turn-up and out motion. Be careful not to break through the outer surfaces of the cup cake. Don’t scrape it out.
- 3. Place a rounded scoop of the ice cream Creation™ inside the hollow cup cake body and cap it. Put as big a scoop in there as you can. The cap can be pressed down gently over the ice cream.
- 4. Place on a tray and freeze for 1 hour minute before serving.
- *Note, when using large or oversized muffins use a larger ice cream scooper.