Recipe by Rita~
This easy, summer, blender soup has a tex mex style. It's low calorie, healthy, and filling. The only fat comes from the yogurt. Has a spicy smoky flavor! Fat does help the body absord the nutrients. I you like you can drizzle the soup with olive oil or add a dollop of yogurt. I've made this with and without yogurt both are delish!
Top Review by Mirj
I made this for Sushiman's Mexican Standoff last night and it couldn't have been a bigger hit. As it was a meat meal I left out the yogurt altogether, but did up the carrots quite a bit for body. I also added some very healthy doses of cilantro and parsley. I blended everything together with my immersion blender and we served this up in shot glasses. Superb!
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, I favor or 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 4 -6 leaves fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 lbs tomatoes, rough chopped
- 1⁄8 cup diced vidalia onion
- 1⁄8 cup diced celery
- 1⁄8 cup diced carrot
- 1 tomatillo, cut into 4
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo (seeds removed)
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt
- 3 ice cubes
- salt and pepper to salt
- 2 teaspoons finely diced tomatoes or 2 teaspoons onions or 2 teaspoons celery or 2 slices lime slices or 2 slices basil leaves or 2 slices cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all soup ingredients into blender and blend till smooth.
- You can serve as is or chill for an hour.
- Top with 1 teaspoon of a mixture of every finely diced tomato, celery, and onions or herbs like basil or cilantro, and lime slices and serve in a margarita glass.