1/1 Photo of Cold Spicy Lemon and Orange Chicken
This looks so attractive when it is ready to serve that there's no need for any garnish. From simply seasonal by Claire Macdonald, don't be put off by long ingredient list it is really easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 fluid ounces natural yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 7 ounces full fat creme fraiche or 7 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns, mixed colours crushed
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon coriander, leaf chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1in a mixing bowl stir together yoghurt, orange and lemon juice, ginger, chillies, coriander,turneric, salt and creme fraiche.
- 2in a saute pan heat the oil with the bay leaf, peppercorns and cardamon and cook for a couple of minutes.
- 3pour in the yoghurt and creme fraiche mix and cook for a further minute.
- 4Add cut up chicken and cook , stirring from time to time for 5 - 8 minutes until cooked.
- 5stir in coriander leaf and tomatoes and cook for further 3 minutes until tomatoes have heated thru.
- 6leave to cool.
- 7serve with rice or crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Spicy Lemon and Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.9
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 181.8 mg
- Sodium 299.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: