Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this stuff... :)
- 2 inches dry spaghetti noodles or 2 inches soba noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- liquid hot pepper sauce, to taste
- soy sauce, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In large skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter and saute the chopped garlic until soft.
- Add another Tbsp butter, stir in the pinch of brown sugar, then add the cashews and sesame seeds and lightly brown.
- Stir in remaining butter, hot sauce, and soy.
- Chill and serve.
I really enjoyed this recipe and plan to make it again. We live in Phoenix and this time of the year it is really hot. My wife requested some meals that were easy to make and didn't heat the house up. I served gazpacho soup with the noodles, but added some oriental vegatables with the noodles. The only thing I would do differently next time, would be to saute the cashews right before serving. The cashews were mushy after sitting in the refrigerator cooling. Thank you for sharing!!!