Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple, quick, and very healthy salad to make for a light dinner. From a Hakubaku Somen noodle package. I use a mandolin to cut the vegetables. The salad is better if it can sit for about 10 minutes before eating. You could also blanch the carrots for them to be softer in the salad.
- 60 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 ounces somen noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely shredded
- 1 small red capsicum, finely shredded (or use 2 cucumbers)
- 100 g snow peas, finely shredded (or use frozen peas instead)
- 1⁄2 bunch chives, minced
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves or 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- In a large bowl whisk lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce and olive oil together.
- Cook Somen noodles as per packet instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix dressing with noodles, carrot, capsicum, snow peas and chives, tossing to coat well. Divide salad between plates. Scatter coriander leaves on top and serve.