From Food & Wine. This is the sort of thing I love taking to work for lunch. I always have dried shiitakes in the house, so I will use those instead of grilling fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shiitake mushroom, stems discarded
- 8 scallions
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- 7 ounces soba noodles
- 1 large cucumber (peeled, halved, seeded and cut into thick matchsticks)
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms and scallions with the peanut oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Grill the mushrooms over moderate heat, turning once, until cooked through and tender, about 4 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- 3Grill the scallions, turning once, until softened and blackened in spots, about 2 minutes; add to the mushrooms.
- 4Let the mushrooms and scallions cool, then thinly slice them.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the ginger, garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar and chili oil.
- 6In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the soba noodles until al dente, about 4 minutes; drain.
- 7Transfer the noodles to a large bowl. Add the mushrooms, scallions, cucumber and dressing and toss well. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Soba Noodle Salad With Cucumber and Shiitake
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.4
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1166.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: