Tomoko and I made this for our dinner tonight. We adapted it from another recipe I have just posted. Prep time doesn't include cooking and cooling the chicken (I poached mine).
- 1 (300 g) packet soba noodles
- 4 cooked cooled chicken thigh fillets, shredded
- 300 g cooked prawns, shelled,deveined,and halved
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, julienned
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped,to serve
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges,to serve (extra)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 small red Thai chile
- Cook the soba noodles according to the directions on your packet.
- Drain and run under cold water to cool, drain well.
- Place the noodles, chicken, prawns, bean shoots, capsicum, onions, mint and coriander in a large bowl.
- Toss well.
- Pour over the dressing and toss again.
- Divide into 4 serving bowls and serve with coriander leaves and peanuts sprinkled over and a lime wedge on the side.
- DRESSING: Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.