Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A zippy Asian side dish that just happens to be vegan. Also great with mung bean sprouts, green beans or broccoli. Time includes 1 hour to chill.
- Steam or boil pak choi to desired doneness (we like ours to still be a bit firm).
- Drain choi in a colander and use a wooden spoon to push the choi against the sides of the colander and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Once choi is as dry as possible, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and green onions in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add choi and toss to coat.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Just before serving, add the sesame oil and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Enjoy!
This was a very nice fresh dish. Wonderful cold, you could really taste the Bok Choi through the marinade. We found it needed a little salt to balance out the soy and bring up the sweetness. All around it has an nice flavor balance. Thanks!