My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 large bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (chili paste or Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup hot water (or more)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in a big pot; add in noodles and 1 tablespoon salt; cook until the noodles are just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- 2Drain thoroughly and toss with the sesame oil; refrigerate until ready to use, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- 3Adjust oven rack to the middle of oven; preheat oven to 400°.
- 4Place chicken breasts on a small, foil-lined jelly-roll pan; brush with vegetable oil and sprinkle generously with salt.
- 5Roast about 35-40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°; cool to room temperature, remove skin, and shred meat into bite-size pieces.
- 6Add ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and hot sauce in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth.
- 7With the motor running, add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce is the consistency of heavy cream.
- 8Scrape the sauce into a bowl; can be covered and set aside for several hours.
- 9When ready to serve, toss the noodles with the chicken, cucumber, peanut sauce, and scallions.
- 10Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Sesame Noodles With Chicken and Cucumber
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.6
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.1 mg
- Sodium 849.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 42.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar