Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Cold Sesame Noodles With Chicken and Cucumber recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 large bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (chili paste or Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 cup hot water (or more)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in a big pot; add in noodles and 1 tablespoon salt; cook until the noodles are just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and toss with the sesame oil; refrigerate until ready to use, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Adjust oven rack to the middle of oven; preheat oven to 400°.
- Place chicken breasts on a small, foil-lined jelly-roll pan; brush with vegetable oil and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Roast about 35-40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°; cool to room temperature, remove skin, and shred meat into bite-size pieces.
- Add ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and hot sauce in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth.
- With the motor running, add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce is the consistency of heavy cream.
- Scrape the sauce into a bowl; can be covered and set aside for several hours.
- When ready to serve, toss the noodles with the chicken, cucumber, peanut sauce, and scallions.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.