Prep 7 mins
Cook 7 mins
A vegan Udon noodle recipe courtesy of Fritz of alt.food.vegan
Make and share this Cold Sesame Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb udon noodles or 1 lb soba noodles (or whatever long pasta you'd like)
- 3 tablespoons tahini (can substitute peanut butter)
- 2 -3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar or 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar (really perks up the flavour) (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame seeds (or more if you like)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 chopped scallions
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander (optional)
- Cook noodles.
- Drain& cool.
- Mix all the ingredients except the snow peas, coriander& scallions.
- Taste& adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Thin with water if too thick.
- Add noodles& raw snow peas& toss until well coated.
- Sprinkle top with scallions& coriander.
I used more maple syrup,and substituted hot seasme oil for plain while omitting the chile powder. I also used both cider and rice vinegar. The mixture needed to be thinned with water but was the best cold sesame sauce i have tried. Thanks Missy
A very tasty side for 3 of us I used 5oz udon noodles and scaled the rest of the ingredient accordingly, love the addition of the maple syrup and the cider vinegar, I used peanut butter and to help blend it together I gave it a quick 15 second zap in the microwave, I didn't use the coriander as we don't really care for it that much but everything else was done as per recipe, thank you Missy Wombat, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.