Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, satisfying, oriental noodle dish
- 1 (1 lb) package spaghetti
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large cucumber, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti with red bell pepper, cucumber, green onion, mint and cilantro.
- In a blender, puree peanut butter, yellow onion, garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil until smooth.
- Toss sauce over pasta and vegetables. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving for optimum flavor. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Very nice! I cut the recipe down to serve just one, and was very happy with my dish. The flavors in the dressing blend very well, and the overall dish has a good balance of sweet, salty, and savory. I used Japanese soba noodles instead of spaghetti, and snap peas instead of cucumber. Thanks for a great lunch!