Recipe by Sackville
This is a great summer recipe. If you do the salmon on the stove top it doesn't heat up the kitchen too much, but is very colourful and healthy. It doesn't take long to make either, although you do have to start about an hour ahead of meal time to chill the noodles.
- 125 g rice noodles
- 2 salmon fillets, about 200 g each
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 limes
- 1 -2 hot red chile
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- of fresh mint
- fresh coriander
- peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a deep pan of water to the boil, slide in the rice noodles, turn off the heat and leave covered for 4-6 minutes.
- Drain and put in a serving bowl.
- Mix the fish sauce and sugar with the juice from two of the limes and the chopped chilli.
- You can either remove the seeds from the chilli or leave them in for a spicy salad.
- Also add in a handful each of chopped mint and coriander and then pour over the noodles.
- Put the dish in the fridge until well chilled (at least an hour).
- Rub the salmon with a touch of the oil and then either grill in a pan on the stove or bake in your oven for 10-15 minutes, until done to your liking.
- Let cool slightly until the salmon is about room temperature, then serve over the chilled noodles, with wedges of lime on the side.