Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rock lobsters are called crayfish in New Zealand. Adapted from Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen. I don't personally see any reason to blanch the asparagus; it depends on how you like it.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh asparagus, blanched and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, minced
- 1 lb cooked rock lobster meat, shredded
- Combine mayonnaise, asparagus, peas, peppers, lemon juice, orange juice, orange rind, and lobster in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter.
- Mound lobster mixture on lettuce.
- Garnish with tomato wedges and watercress.