Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great cool summer recipe. I imagine that it would be great for a picnic especially since there is no mayo or anything to worry about. Also great after a day at the beach or pool. And to top it all off its vegan friendly! WooHoo! Pull out your chopsticks.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons thai green curry paste (check for vegetarian)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces thin rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion (white and light green parts)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 head boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 lime, sliced for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until well blended (can be made up to 4 days in advance refrigerated).
- Place your rice noodles into a large bowl and pour your boiling water over them.
- Stir to separate and immerse noodles and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- Return noodles to bowl and coat with the 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Add peppers, carrots, scallions, 1/4 cup cilantro, and 1/4 cup mint to noodles.
- Add 1/2 of the pineapple dressing, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and mint.
- Garnish with lime.
- Serve remaining dressing separately.