1/2 Photos of Cold Rice Mozzarella Ham Salad
One of my favorites, and also my own creation, great to serve at get togethers. Make certain to use only Uncle Ben's converted rice for this. You can add in other veggies along with radishes and celery if desired. I serve this at my BBQ get togethers, everyone loves this, and it is a nice change from potato salad. Prep time does not include boiling rice, but does include chilling time You can substitute salami for the ham. Instead of shredded mozza cheese you can cube it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncle ben's converted white rice
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can use cheddar also, or both!)
- 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard (or to taste)
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped small
- 1Prepare the rice in water with a teaspoon of salt until cooked, then cool completely.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, mix the cooled rice with onions, radishes, celery, mozzarella cheese and ham.
- 3In a small bowl combine the mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 4Add the mayo mixture to the rice; mix well to combine (adjust all ingredients to taste, if you prefer a creamier salad add in more mayo).
- 5Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Rice Mozzarella Ham Salad
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.2
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 734.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: