Sue Lau's Note:
A spicy light brew that is light on the tea and heavier on the spice, although if you like more tea you can add that. I have made this with lemon juice instead of lime juice as well. It is easy to play around with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place spices into a tea ball if desired (if you don't want to strain it later).
- 2Place teaball or spices along with the water into a kettle and bring to a boil.
- 3Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Add the tea (using another tea ball if desired) along with the honey and lime juice and stir to dissolve the honey.
- 5Allow mixture to steep for 10 minutes but no more than that.
- 6Serve with additional sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Remedy Tea
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 0.2 g