Prep 35 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Cooking time includes 4 hours chilling. This is fairly easy to make and looks great with some mint leaves as a garnish. From Great American Recipes card series.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cold water
- 1.5 (1/3 ounce) envelopes gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Thaw the raspberries for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Puree them in a food processor, reserve 3 TBSP juice.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale yellow and creamy.
- Stir in the raspberry puree.
- Combine the reserved raspberry juice with the orange juice.
- Add the water.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the juice mixture & let stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Place the bowl with the gelatin in a pan of warm water over low heat.
- Stir until the gelatin dissolves.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add the gelatin mixture.
- Whip cream until soft.
- Add the raspberry puree and the egg whites.
- Pour into a steep sided glass dish and chill 4 hours.
- Garnish & Serve.