Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
so quick, so easy,so fresh, so good. This is an adopted recipe, any changes I make will be noted.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, quartered and cored and chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
- 1⁄2 cup washed dried and stemmed basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, washed and chopped
- 10 fresh olives, pitted and chopped (green or black)
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top of finished pasta
- Combine all ingredients (except cheese) in a bowl, and toss to combine.
- Cook pasta, toss with sauce, sprinkle with cheese.
What a great, fresh salad! I added cooked chicken but shrimp would be great too.
Really nice salsa fresca type sauce for pasta. Also healthy!
Excellent flavor over angel hair pasta with some leftover chicken! I liked it best with grated lemon zest. An easy brown bag lunch. Thanks so much.