4 hrs 30 mins
GEOFFREY HEWETT's Note:
A good old fashioned recipe, found on The Foody web page. just finished cooking one perfect
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the ox tongue in cold water for 24 hours, changing the water occasional, wash and drain.
- 2Place the tongue into a large sauspan, cover with water, bring to the boil, skim the surface as needed.
- 3add the remaining ingredieds.
- 4Cover and simmer gently for 4 hours, or until cooked and the small bones at the base can be easily pulled out.
- 5Remove from the heat and allow the tongue to cool in the liquid.
- 6While the tongue is still warm, remove from liquid and strain, transfer to a board.
- 7Remove the skin, trimthe root to remove any gristle or bones.
- 8roll the tongue to fit into a 20cm[8inch] cake tin, or smaller it needs to be a tight fit.
- 9Cover the tongue with a plate, and stand a heavy weight on top.
- 10leave to cool for 12 hours.
- 11Run a knife around the edge to free the tongue.
- 12Transfer to a serving plate, serve thinly sliced.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Pressed Ox Tongue
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: