Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A good old fashioned recipe, found on The Foody web page. just finished cooking one perfect
Make and share this Cold Pressed Ox Tongue recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the ox tongue in cold water for 24 hours, changing the water occasional, wash and drain.
- Place the tongue into a large sauspan, cover with water, bring to the boil, skim the surface as needed.
- add the remaining ingredieds.
- Cover and simmer gently for 4 hours, or until cooked and the small bones at the base can be easily pulled out.
- Remove from the heat and allow the tongue to cool in the liquid.
- While the tongue is still warm, remove from liquid and strain, transfer to a board.
- Remove the skin, trimthe root to remove any gristle or bones.
- roll the tongue to fit into a 20cm[8inch] cake tin, or smaller it needs to be a tight fit.
- Cover the tongue with a plate, and stand a heavy weight on top.
- leave to cool for 12 hours.
- Run a knife around the edge to free the tongue.
- Transfer to a serving plate, serve thinly sliced.