Prep 20 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This potato salad is equally delicious served in the cooler months as well as the summer. I add capers to this salad also, but that is optional. You can peel the potatoes if desired, I like to leave them on. Plan ahead the salad needs to chill for a minimum of 5 hours before serving. You can adjust the olive oil, white wine vinegar, and oregano to taste. Prep time does not include chilling times, cooking time is for boiling potatoes.
- 3 lbs small red potatoes (do not peel)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (can use more to taste)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 large firm ripe tomatoes (cut into about 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced olive (preferably brine-cured)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (or to taste)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (cut into quarters lengthwise or sliced)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- Wash and scrub the potatoes (leave unpeeled) then cook in boiling salted water for about 25-30 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain, and cut in half, or quarters if they are large.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Toss lightly with white wine vinegar, cover place in the refrigerator until cold.
- Remove from the fridge and toss with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper (you can add in more white wine vinegar at this point if desired).
- Add in cucumber, chopped tomatoes, olives and onions; toss to combine.
- Add in crumbled feta cheese; mix to combine.
- Place in a large glass bowl and place the sliced eggs around the edge of bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 5 hours before serving.