Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the second recipe that I adopted from the "'Zaar". This is your basic potato salad recipe and tastes like many you've had in your past. However, I will take the comments into consideration and perhaps tweek this recipe a bit! Cook time does not include marinating time.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 -4 stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard, prepared
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- In medium saucepan cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of potato water.
- Dice potatoes.
- Add oil, minced onion and chopped celery; toss gently.
- In small saucepan bring the 3/4 cup potato water to a boil; pour over potatoes and onion.
- Keep at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard, sugar, and dillseed.
- Potato salad will be creamy.
- Serve at room temperature.
great recipe better than my moms old one many thanks
Yummy and very simple to make!!!
This reminder me of what my Mother used to make. I didn't have the celery, so I left it out. This was so good. I will be making this again. Thanks for the recipe.