Jane Gib's Note:
A kind of Swiss roll, but made with mince beef and potatoes. In the summer it can be made with a tuna and ketchup filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the onions, peppers, garlic and beef.
- 2Add the flour and mix.
- 3Add the stock, salt, pepper and oregano.
- 4Make sure it's not too runny, that the sauce is thick.
- 5Mash the potatoes and add the butter, and place on a piece of aluminum foil.
- 6Spread and pat down to form a rectangle.
- 7Place the meat in the center, leaving some space between the beef and potatoes.
- 8Roll to form a Swiss roll and bake until browned.
- 9In the summer, you can do the same but instead of beef, mix tuna fish with ketchup and spread on the mashed potatoes.
- 10Roll the mash, and cover with mayonnaise, place a few slices of boiled egg on top to garnish, and a sprig of parsley. Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Potato Roll
Serving Size: 1 (798 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 958.4
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 295.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 37.8 g