Recipe by Lene
This is a really simple but very elegant summer dish. It's light and healthy, so i choose to use low fat creme fraiche for the sauce. Serve with boiled, new, jersey potatoes.
- 4 peppercorns
- 6 fresh dill sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 450 ml boiling water
- 720 g salmon fillets
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 small cucumber, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh dill sprigs
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the peppercorns, dill and four lemon slices(reserve the remaining slices for the garnish) in a large saute pan and pour in the boiling water. Add the salmon, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow salmon to cool completely in the water-this should cook it perfectly. Remove from the pan then transfer to a plate, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To make the sauce, place the cucumber and dill in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Add the creme fraiche and some salt and pepper and pulse to make a smooth, pourable sauce.
- To serve, place a salmon fillet on 4 plates and pour over the sauce. Garnish each with a slice of lemon and a sprig of dill.