Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great way to recycle leftover fish into something new and perfect for a light luncheon. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 2 cups cooked pike, flaked
- 1⁄3 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Combine fish, crumbs, butter, seasonings and parsley; blend.
- Fold in beaten eggs; steam in a greased mold for an hour.
- Chill and serve with mayonnaise.