Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This potato salad is a must when ever mine or my wifes family get together. I have to always bring the potato salad. Try it I think you will like it.
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 12 eggs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 -5 stalks celery, chopped
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup salad mustard
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 -3 cups salad dressing (I have always used Kraft Miricle Whip Salad Dressing)
- to taste paprika
- Boil the potatoes with the skins on until tender.
- Cool the potatoes.
- Cook the eggs until hard boiled.
- Cool and peel.
- Peel and slice potatoes into a large bowl.
- Slice 10 eggs in bowl with potatoes, reserve 2 eggs for garnish.
- Add the onion, salt, pepper, garlic salt, sugar, mustard, lemon juice and the salad dressing.
- Blend well.
- Slice remaining eggs on top of salad.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill several hours.
I have been cooking for 40 years and I must say this is the BEST POTATOE SALAD I have ever tasted. Made this a couple of weeks ago at a picnic at Thunder of Louisville, Kentucky. Wow. This is no fail, easy to follow, and if you follow this you cannot make any mistakes. You know what is best about this recipe? This can be used by a beginner or someone that has been cooking for years. If you are a beginner you will have rave reviews. If you are a veteran you will continue to keep your good reputation as a good cook. Rock On!
So good. I made this for DD's slumber party and we all enjoyed it. I halved the recipe but used the same amount of eggs as written.....loved it. Thank you for sharing.
I used a dijon salad dressing (because it's all I had) and it was the best potato salad I'd ever tasted. It was the first time I tried this recipe.