Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Great for a busy-day meal! Make ahead and allow ingredients to marry . The recipe was originally on mealsforyou. Made with capellini which is finer than spaghetti - like angel hair, & cooks faster The 3 hours is for cooling and chilling.
- 1 lb capellini or 1 lb other thin pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 large lemon
- 5 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained & sliced
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- chopped black olives, to garnish (optional)
- Cook cappellini in a large pan of boiling water 4-5 ,inutes, or until al dente.
- Rinse under cold water and drain throughly.
- Using a vegetable peeler, thiny peel rind from lemon, making sure not to get the white pith.
- Cut the rind into thin strips. Add strips to a pan of boiling water. Boil 1 minute and drain.
- Heat oil in heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and half the scallions 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until scallions are softened.
- Stir in prosciutto and rind.
- Cook 3-4 minutes stirring frequently, until prosciutto is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine pasta, prosciutto mixture and sun-dreid tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, peppercorns, and lemon thyme in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining scallions and extra cheese if necessary before serving.
- Top with a sprinkling of black olives.
- Serve with Merlot or Fumé.