Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A green salad, topped with a mustardy pasta.
- 6 ounces uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups mixed greens, washed and dried
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- After pasta is cooked, drain, and mix in orange bell pepper, garlic, brown mustard, and salt.
- While pasta cooks, mix together greens, tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, dill weed, and black pepper and add to greens. Toss salad.
- Top bread with cheddar, sprinkle with paprika, and place under broiler for 1-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Portion salad onto plates, top with pasta, and serve with a cheesy toast.