Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve cold or at room temp. I prefer room temp.
Make and share this Cold Peanut Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g spaghetti, can use linguine
- 236.59 ml shredded carrot
- 236.59 ml chopped scallion
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped cilantro, can use parsley
- 78.07 ml smooth peanut butter
- 59.14 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 44.37 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23-2.46 ml hot sauce, I use red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of boiling water to a boil. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions; drain; rinse in very cold water and drain again.
- Place cooled noodles in a large bowl and toss with the carrots, scallions, bell pepper slices and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle the sauce over noodles mixture; toss to coat well.
- Serve room temp or cold.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
I had made this for our annual 4th of July party and got wonderful reviews. I also made this for a BBQ and got even more compliments! I added yellow and red peppers and carrots but also green onion and bean sprouts. You could add leftover cooked chicken to make it a main dish for Asian style dinner. I like making it on day one but eating it on day two....yummy!
These noodles were soooo yummy! I cheated a little...I served them hot, because that's what the family requested. However, I did try the leftovers cold and they still tasted great! ;) I wanted to add more veggies to this, so I added a 1/4 cup cabbage and a 1/2 cup green bell pepper along with the red. I also cooked them for just a couple of minutes with some cooking spray before adding them, mostly because I added the cabbage. So yummy and very nutritious! Thanks! Made for ZWT4 - Los Jefes de la Cocina!
Gave this recipe 5 stars. Very good dressing. It is really similar to another one I make, however the other one calls for hoisin sauce which I have a hard time finding in my local grocery store. So decided to give this one a try and was not disappointed one bit. A very good peanut noodle recipe using a lot less ingredients than other similar recipes. The one change I made was using garlic chili paste instead of the hot sauce. Oh and omitted the red bell pepper because hubby doesn't like it. Will make again.