Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is the perfect starter for a summertime main-dish salad. Originally from the R.S.V.P. Letters to the Editor in a july 1983 Bon Apetite. The recipe is from The Greenbriar in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree peaches in food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients except sugar (in batches, if necessary) and blend well.
- Pass soup through a fine strainer.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Chill for several hours to allow flavors to blend well.
- Serve chilled.