Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (17 ounce) can English peas
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pimiento, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 egg, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Drain peas.
- Combine next 6 ingredients and mix well.
- Add peas, eggs and mayonnaise and mix gently.
- Chill throughly.
- You can increase the amount of celery, onion, green pepper, pimento, relish and mayonnaise to suit your taste. Jan
Other than Tuna Wiggle, this is the only time I use canned peas. I was looking for a recipe for a cold pea salad and this one looked so good. It didn't disappoint us for a minute! Make sure you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors mix well. My whole family raved about it!