Not sure where I got this from but was a nice change from italian dressing pasta salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb pasta (medium shells, rotini, fusili...)
- 2 -3 cups broccoli, flowers and stemssliced (or broccoli and cauliflower combination)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1 cup coarsely-sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup peeled seeded sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup seeded sliced tomato
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 3 -4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- herbs (basil or oregano)
- 1Cook pasta, toss with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- 2In a steamer, steam broccoli, celery,mushrooms, carrots, onions, and peppers for 3 to 5 minutes until tender-crisp.
- 3(Steam the vegetables separately for more control over the"crunch.") Toss all ingredients together gently; add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Herbs that go well are basil and oregano.
- 5Refrigerate 1 hour and serve.
- 6Serving size is 1 cup.
- 7Note-- I did not steam the veggies.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Pasta Salad Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g