Recipe by Sherrie930
Not sure where I got this from but was a nice change from italian dressing pasta salad.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta (medium shells, rotini, fusili...)
- 2 -3 cups broccoli, flowers and stemssliced (or broccoli and cauliflower combination)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1 cup coarsely-sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup peeled seeded sliced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup seeded sliced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 3 -4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- herbs (basil or oregano)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, toss with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- In a steamer, steam broccoli, celery,mushrooms, carrots, onions, and peppers for 3 to 5 minutes until tender-crisp.
- (Steam the vegetables separately for more control over the"crunch.") Toss all ingredients together gently; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Herbs that go well are basil and oregano.
- Refrigerate 1 hour and serve.
- Serving size is 1 cup.
- Note-- I did not steam the veggies.