Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a little different from the others posted.
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons flavoring, of choice
- Do not preheat oven!
- Mix Crisco and butter; add sugar and eggs, one at a time, and milk.
- Beat after each ingredient and egg is added.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to mixture.
- Add flavoring.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350°.
This is a very good, moist and easy pound cake. I used almond extract as my flavoring of choice and it is sooo tasty! It was a hit this morning for breakfast and I am sure it won't last long around here. Thanks for a keeper!