Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Saw this on a local news channel cooking segment. Something I've been meaning to try, it's here for safe keeping.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 7 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted twice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- DO NOT turn oven on yet.
- Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in half the flour.
- Add the whipping cream.
- Add the other half of the flour.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Set in cold oven and turn heat to 350.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes (until a sharp knife inserted in cake comes out clean).
- Cool in pan for five minutes before removing.