Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve cold. Great side dish. Season as you deem fit.
Make and share this Cold Orzo Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In seperate bowl measure out vinegar and olive oil.
- Chop onion.
- Slice basil.
- Zest lemon.
- Add to orzo - red onion, tomatoes, peas, feta cheese, pine nuts, lemon zest and basil.
- Toss to combine.
- Stir on vinegar/oil mixture.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
brought this to a dinner party last night...big hit! thanks
I haven't made this yet, but my sister brought this to Father's Day lunch today. It was a hit! I assume she followed the directions verbatim, although I don't remember it having the pine nuts. Worth making!