Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love cold and hot cocoas. I especially like the ones that are spicy. This certainly hits the spot. I hope that you will enjoy this lovely treat. Make ice cubes with your leftover coffee. It really adds extra flavour to your cold drinks.
- In a pot add milk, cream, whole cardamon pods and orange peel.
- Gently heat the mixture until it is steaming hot but do not boil.
- Take off the heat and remove the cardamon pods and orange peel. Now add the vanilla extract to the milk mixture.
- Make a paste with the cocoa, honey and 2 tbsps of the hot milk mixture.
- Now add the cocoa paste to the remaining hot milk mixture and whisk vigorously, till well blended.
- Allow to cool, chill two hours in fridge until ready to serve.
- Whisk cocoa well and pour into a large glass with 3 coffee ice cubes.
- Garnish with whip cream and grated orange rind.
Wonderful! Smooth and chocolaty with the exotic refreshing flavor of cardamon. I couldn't really taste the orange but that didn't bother me. I also added 3 Splenda packets.
So good! I used Splenda instead of the honey (so that I could pretend this was healthy), but otherwise prepared it as written. Oh, and I also doubled it, as I knew I would want some extra. I was pleasantly surprised by the strength of the orange flavor; I love chocolate and orange together. I highly recommend this recipe!
Now this is what I call a beverage. I'm drinking this as I type, it boy is it amazing! I have a bunch of cardamom pods that I just dont know what to do with since I never really had them before I thought I'd give this a try. I think I just found the use for the rest of them! This is a great treat for a nice summer day.