Recipe by Baby Kato
I love cold and hot cocoas. I especially like the ones that are spicy. This certainly hits the spot. I hope that you will enjoy this lovely treat. Make ice cubes with your leftover coffee. It really adds extra flavour to your cold drinks.
- 354.88 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 29.58 ml half-and-half cream
- 2-3 cardamom pods, whole
- 1 orange peel, 3-inch x 1-inch piece
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract, pure
- 36.97 ml cocoa, good quality
- 14.78 ml honey
- 3 ice cubes, coffee
- whipped cream, garnish
- 2.46 ml orange rind, grated, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot add milk, cream, whole cardamon pods and orange peel.
- Gently heat the mixture until it is steaming hot but do not boil.
- Take off the heat and remove the cardamon pods and orange peel. Now add the vanilla extract to the milk mixture.
- Make a paste with the cocoa, honey and 2 tbsps of the hot milk mixture.
- Now add the cocoa paste to the remaining hot milk mixture and whisk vigorously, till well blended.
- Allow to cool, chill two hours in fridge until ready to serve.
- Whisk cocoa well and pour into a large glass with 3 coffee ice cubes.
- Garnish with whip cream and grated orange rind.