Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
Vegetarian Express; Nava Atlas and Lillian Kayte
- 10 -12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 8 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 6 scallions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons undiluted orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely crushed
- 1 -2 seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned (such as Clementines or tangelos)
- Cook the angel hair pasta until al dente; drain and rinse it under cold water until it is cool; transfer it to a large bowl.
- Place the bean sprouts in a steamer basket over an inch or so of water in a large saucepan; steam them over med-high heat, covered, until they are just wilted; about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse them until they are cool.
- Combine carrots, scallions, half the parsley, and bean sprouts in the bowl with the pasta.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients; pour dressing over the pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- Garnish the top with the remaining parsley and chopped peanuts.
- Pass around a plate of seedless orange sections to serve alongside, if desires.