Vegetarian Express; Nava Atlas and Lillian Kayte
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 8 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 6 scallions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons undiluted orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely crushed
- 1 -2 seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned (such as Clementines or tangelos)
- 1Cook the angel hair pasta until al dente; drain and rinse it under cold water until it is cool; transfer it to a large bowl.
- 2Place the bean sprouts in a steamer basket over an inch or so of water in a large saucepan; steam them over med-high heat, covered, until they are just wilted; about 2-3 minutes.
- 3Drain and rinse them until they are cool.
- 4Combine carrots, scallions, half the parsley, and bean sprouts in the bowl with the pasta.
- 5In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients; pour dressing over the pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- 6Garnish the top with the remaining parsley and chopped peanuts.
- 7Pass around a plate of seedless orange sections to serve alongside, if desires.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Noodles With Hot Chili-Orange Oil
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 385.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil