Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A hint of sesame oil compliments the flavor of the peanut butter in this satisfying salad that makes a great make ahead meal. A lot of different Thai recipes call for peanuts, this ones a bit different with using peanut BUTTER instead.
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 scallions, thinnly sliced
- In medium bowl, combine peanut butter, tamari, vinegar, cayenne, garlic and ginger, stirring to blend well. Stir in water to make a thick sauce. Set aside.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling water until al dente about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse pasta under cold water, transfer to large bowl.
- Toss with sesame oil to coat.
- Add carrot, bell pepper, and scallions to the bowl with the linguine.
- Add reserved peanut sauce to coat, tossing gently to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
This was a great recipe to start with, just needed a few extra ingredients. I added cilantro, Saracha, some chopped broccoli, and a little extra soy sauce. It was the hit of the holiday party and I'll be making it again.
I made this when we had friends round for dinner and it was a huge success! Large portion for 4 people, this could make a great BBQ accompaniment though. The Peanut Butter sauce is yummy!